To contact the Mutopia Project, please use one of the following addresses:
- General enquiries: <enquiries (at) MutopiaProject.org>
- Legal questions: <legal (at) MutopiaProject.org>
- Contributions: <contributions (at) MutopiaProject.org>
In the addresses above, (at) should be replaced by the at sign @. If you do not get a reply to your e-mail, please send it again as e-mails sometimes get lost in the flood of spam.
We have an RSS feed which allows you to keep up-to-date with recent additions to Mutopia without having to visit the website to find out if anything's been added. The URL is: http://www.mutopiaproject.org/latestadditions.rss
More information on RSS and how to use it is available on the Wikipedia RSS page.
A mailing list exists to discuss topics relevant to the Mutopia archive. To subscribe, visit the Mutopia-Discuss information page. Its archives are available in several locations:
- The official archive: http://lists.bcn.mythic-beasts.com/mailman/private/mutopia-discuss/ (available to subscribers only)
- Gmane: http://dir.gmane.org/gmane.music.mutopia.discuss
- The Mail Archive: http://firstname.lastname@example.org/ (only contains postings since February 2007)
Other sheet music sites
- The Choral Public Domain Library: http://www.cpdl.org/ - another open source sheet music site.
- The International Music Score Library Project (IMSLP): http://www.imslp.org/wiki/Main_Page - scans of public domain music scores.
- Project Gutenberg's music section: http://www.gutenberg.org/wiki/Gutenberg:The_Sheet_Music_Project
- The Werner Icking Music Archive: http://icking-music-archive.org/
There are many other sites offering sheet music for download. More comprehensive lists are available at:
- The sheet music download section of the Open Directory: http://dmoz.org/Arts/Music/Resources/Downloadable_Music_Sheets/
- The links page of the Werner Icking Music Archive: http://icking-music-archive.org/oth_mus_archives.html
All music on this site has been typeset using LilyPond: http://lilypond.org/.
Many thanks to Eric Praetzel at the University of Waterloo for the loan of our web space and bandwidth.
Thanks also to all the people who have typeset music so that it can be freely available. Credits to individual typesetters appear with each piece of music on Mutopia.